钱币论坛_首席收藏网

找回密码
 立即注册

首席专场竞买 | 春拍五月 3日 MDC#14 | 7日 Sedwick#35 | 16日 泓盛 机制币珍品之夜 | 17日-19日 第23届CICE(北京)展 | 25日 嘉德 | 六月 1日 宜和 | 13日 SA#49 | 15日 华艺

首席甄选店铺 首席收藏官方店铺 | 茉莉钱庄 | 权芳斋 | 德泉缘 | 德藏世界币章 | 广银阁 | 姑苏银庄 | 东丰阁 | 剑客精品银圆 | 成都小江 | WNumismatics

精选藏品列表 皇冠收藏 | 北京阿城哥 | 天生銀家 | 泉博文物 | 小陈弟弟 | 万泉斋 | 泉是漏 | 浩川收藏 | 蜀藏阁 | 汕头博雅藏 | 梧诲泉阁 | 凝晖堂

查看: 3092|回复: 1

Super Coins for Comic Collectors

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2023-7-27 11:04:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 盖朵gator 于 2023-7-27 11:07 编辑

This week thousands of fans began the annual pilgrimage to San Diego, California, to enjoy Comic-Con. As I’ve touched on in previous pieces like Unexpected Finds at the Long Beach Expo there have been a ton of coins and medals released over the past few years that celebrate some of the most iconic comic book characters of all time, enough to fill up a PCGS box, should you be so inclined.

1.jpg
2.jpg
Collectors can own their own copies of these landmark issues in coin form. Courtesy of PCGS TrueView.

Let’s face it, most can only dream of owning an original copy of Action Comics #1 or Amazing Fantasy #15. Even in the worst condition these are five- and six-figure items, and bring multimillion-dollar values in the best of shape. Though it’s common to see facsimile editions of landmark issues with holographic or metallic treatments now, much like some coins do, collectors can go a little bit of a different route and own these books in miniature colorized silver form. These two famous covers are further immortalized by the country of Niue in the two dollar proof coins seen above.

3.jpg
Marvel coins now literally come in all shapes and sizes. Courtesy of PCGS TrueView.

Getting the latest exclusive figures has become a bigger and bigger part of a lot of conventions. Some have lotteries just to get a chance at buying one, and for the shows that don’t, lines can snake all the way around the floor with hopeful fans spending hours waiting to make their purchase. What is an Iron Man collector to do when they can’t get a hold of that 2018 Mark I Funko Pop! that now trades for around $130? Perhaps Fiji can come to the rescue with their Mini Hero Two Dollar, which has a listed auction record of $117 currently and saw a limited mintage of 2,500 pieces to add a little bit more intrigue.

4.jpg
Canada has released a number of coins depicting DC’s most famous heroes. Courtesy of PCGS TrueView.

One of my favorite parts of going to any comic convention is visiting just about every vendor in sight and digging through back issues. It might be a bit of a cliche to say, but you really never know what you might find. I think my most surprising find might have been the Mr. T and the T-Force signed by both “Clubber Lang” himself and the legendary artist Neal Adams. If you’re a collector that’s more into the classics, something like the Wonder Woman Original Series Twenty Dollar piece seen above might be just what you’re looking for.

5.jpg
This Wolverine coin could be the best at what Tuvalu does. Courtesy of PCGS TrueView.

Like many of my peers, I grew up on X-Men: The Animated Series. I may or may not have also watched it over again in its entirety around the same time that our final coin for this article made its first appearance. With that said, it has been a great thrill over the last five years or so to meet many of the artists, writers, directors, and cast members from the show, including Cal Dodd, the voice actor for my favorite member of the X-Men, Wolverine.

As collectors of comics, and comic-themed items we always have our eyes out for the latest releases or when that coveted piece we missed might become available. Perhaps after seeing some of the coins here you might be inspired to add world mints to your pop-culture watchlist.

Original link:https://www.pcgs.com/news/super-coins-for-comic-collectors

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|首席收藏 ( 京ICP备11006322号-8 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 23:35 , Processed in 0.028807 second(s), 25 queries .